Saturday, November 24, 2007

Faux-pod...

First things first.
We are coming upon week 7 of waiting for our sweet boy! It truly has gone by so fast, which is a real blessing! Of course the more that I think about him coming home and holding him in my arms, it feels like it has been forever and like I have another lifetime until he actualy gets here! But we have a pretty busy schedule these days and so there are many things to keep my mind occupied. I regularly work about 60 hrs a week nannying and so that in itself keeps me in a little bit of a state of comatose. (but thankfully that will change to just 2 days a week when Malak gets here)
I feel like that becuaseI know that we won't be getting a call from Mary for at least a month or 2, I am relaxed and not freaking out yet whenever the phone rings....but when we are on week 11 or so....I will be a mess. A mess.

On a thanksgiving-ish note.
I haven't been shopping on black Friday for a few years. This year, my friend Kim and I decided to go to Old Navy and wait in line to hopefully get the free MP3 player that they were giving to the first few customers. (I am not sure why I wanted a new MP3 player...we have an ipod and my phone is an MP3 player...but whatever, it's free!) So we got to Old Navy at 3:30am. (haha, that sounds rediculous to even read such a thing!) We had heard earlier that they only had 59 to give away. (no, not 60, but 59) So when I got into the parking lot at 3:30 there were 3 people in sleeping bags leaning against the front door and then about 10 cars in the parking lot. Everyone was sitting in their warm cars with the heaters on, we had an understanding....until 1 lady decides to get out of her car and run for the next spot in line! So we all jumped out of our cars and ran after her! It was wild. Luckily I can say that we were about 15th in line- there we were, sitting against the Old Navy windows huddled up in a fuzzy king size blanket, in our warmest pajamas, making friends with the ladies around us. There we sat until 5:00am. Some nice local church brought us all hot coffee and they we our new best friends! Needless to say, I got my free MP3 player and she is a beauty!
It is a cheesy version of a fake ipod Shuffle. So I have decided to call it my Faux-pod. It even has Old Navy printed on the back side. It plays 8 whole hours of music. And they even felt the freedom to upload the entire Old Navy sound track onto it for us. It is quite embarassing and my husband the computer savy electronics snob, thinks I am a huge nerd. But it was free!!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Amy said...

I can not believe you got up at 3am to wait in line at Old Navy! Who are you? :) I truly do hope that your faux-pod brings you all the joy in the world...truly. Did you buy anything at Old Navy at 3am?

meredith said...

wow, congrats on the freebie--3:30 is sooooo early, but i admire your commitment to your new faux pod. i used to think i was the queen of free, but i hand my crown over to you, my friend!

Christie said...

I always wondered who showed up for those things, now I know! :-) At least the faux-pod is passable as an old shuffle, as long as no one gets too close...and who wouldn't want the Old Navy soundtrack? Quality.

Thanks for letting me join you guys today, I'll see you Tuesday!

Beau Fournet said...

Sooo funny! I love good shopping stories:)

Week 7! Congrats!

Drew said...

i thought it was a bi-pod?

Gina said...

Im-pressive. I'm trying to think what would make me get up at 3:00 a.m. Maybe a free new car.... You're a champ! See you Tuesday!
Gina B.

Tara said...

The only reason that I thought it was OK to wake up at 3am is beacause I knew I could go right back to sleep when I got home...and I did and slept until 10or something. If I would have had to get up early that morning...pshaw! I would have never gone!

Unknown said...

I love that you're so cute and silly and exuberant over such relatively little things, Tara. Those qualities are going to make you such a fun mom!

I thought I would let you know that our congregation is praying for Jen and Filipe and Shiloh and for the whole Guatemalan adoption situation. A hundred more prayers never hurt!

Zach and Erin Kennedy said...

Thanks for the comment on our blog. I have also been to all of the blogs on the Bottomly's. I love to hear from others going through the process. It makes you feel like part of a big extended family! Looking forward to following your journey.
Erin

Keva said...

thank you for the comment. We are over the moon.