Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Easter and hair...

My sweet boy on Easter Sunday...
He makes my heart full...
Good news! I did Mal's dreadlocks ALL by myself! We have been going to the salon to have them re-twisted and cleaned up every 2 weeks which is kinda INSANE. Reason #1. It takes almost 3 hours every time. (that's 3 hours of me having to hold him still and keep him quiet and happy. Tricky, my friends, very tricky) Reason #2. It costs $40 (plus a hefty tip because well, anyone doing the hair of a 2 yr old deserves a big fatty tip) So, this means we're spending over $100 a month on THE HAIR OF A 2 YEAR OLD. And that is just re-freaking-diculous. So last week I decided it was time to attempt it. And it worked! It was a pre-Easter miracle! And as an extension of the pre-Easter miracle it only took about an hour. Cause I have mad dreading skills. (Or cause I don't do it as thoroughly as the hair dresser did but whatever)

So let us rejoice that our Lord (and the Easter Bunny) has risen from the grave and also that I am saving $100 a month! Woot!

We of course, did the traditional Easter egg hunt... He didn't really care about finding the eggs as much as he just wanted to eat the glorious treats inside. It was his first M&M experience and it was too delicious to be able to hunt whilst eating. So we mostly just ate.
Come on, Mal... We're giving you a few subtle hints here...
But who cares about dumb ol' eggs when you can play in the mud??
And moisturize your squishy little face with it...

We took a few Spring pics... Cause that's what you do on Easter.



Random addition:
Malak likes to play with my hair a lot these days, which I love and highly encourage. It is beyond me as to why he is eating it in this pic... and why I am apparently oblivious to it. 
Wierd, wierd kid.


Yum. Shampoo-y.

8 comments:

Lori S said...

Oh-my-gosh!!! As if you don't already know, but I have to say it anyway....That boy is SO cute!!! I love his hair!!!!

Shelly Roberts said...

Can't believe this sweet little baby boy that I saw in Ethiopia has grown into a full grown toddler. :) Looks like you're all doing great! LOVE THE HAIR!!!!! :)

Timbra Wiist said...

love your "springy" pix, the cherry blossoms are beautiful, you know, it snowed here on easter, so no cute flowers for us . . boo!

Erica said...

So so cute. Silas likes playing with my hair too. He "fixes it" and tells me its beautiful. Love it.

Jennifer Nunes said...

Tar, I love the first pic of Mal! I'm itching to get my hands on it to edit it!

Anonymous said...

Tara,
How precious! Love his hair...you did good :)
It's good to see your sweet family so very happy! Blessings! Dixie

jamullins said...

Love the pics! He is a CUTIE! Hope to see you soon...

Tolly said...

He is soo stinkin cute...I am on my foster/adoption journey and ran across your blog....Im totally following it. All 3 of you guys are a beautiful family. And you did an amazing job on his hair...isnt that awesome :) P.S. he could totally be Zahara Jolie Pitts brother...they eyes and the lips...sooo cute!