Thursday, August 6, 2009

Confessions of an almost 29 year old mom...

There are some things I need to get off my chest. It's time to bring a few hidden secrets (as opposed to public secrets?) into the light in an effort to be transparent and show you the real me.
1. I haven't brushed my hair in probably 12 years. Don't even own a brush. Never have.
2. I am deathly afraid of the crack in the couch. ANY couch. (You know, where the cushions and the back pillows meet) It freaks me out and I feel like bugs are going to crawl into my pants.
3. Much to my husbands dismay I have a secret love affair with the music of Elton John (strictly the old stuff), Paul Simon... He rocks my world, Chigaco and if I'm putting it all out there I. Like. Lionel Richie.
4. Yesterday at the grocery store I made a big, fat, ugly assumtion about the lady in front of me in line with the stray dollar bill sticking out of her tube top.
5. I have an uncontrolable addiction to chatting and/or writing certain friends on Facebook. It's out of control. and I should cut back.
6. I ate a peice of toast this morning that I shouldn't have (food allergies) and the Lord punished me...when I was halfway done I notice the back side of it was green and fuzzy. I almost threw up but fed it to the dog.
7. Malak wants me to sing to him ALL. THE. TIME. One day I told him that I would only sing if he would cuddle with me. He did it and now every time I sing to him he thinks it's part of the rules.... Now it is my favorite part of the day (about 47 times a day) and I can't bear to tell him that he doesn't HAVE to do it.
8. I gave my husband the okay to buy a motorcycle and ride to South America.... and I think I am going to go with him! (Not right now, after we get back from Costa Rica)
9. I want to be Amish. Or at least live like one. I am a simple little pilgrim in my heart of hearts. I really, really want to not care about what I look like (but I do). I want to grow a giant garden and completely live off the land (but my normal sized garden is dead and shriveled and I kill everything). I want to be outside all day long and for my children to run around and be dirty little curious things. I was homeschooled...I think that's where this weird side of me came from.
10. I want another peircing but have nothing I want peirced.
11. My dream job is to work at Pappa Murphy's pizza. Seriously. I have no idea why. My friends make fun of me for it. And if my pride would allow it, I would get a job there. (also, I would have to make more than 5.85 an hour...)
12. Noses freak me out. If your nose ever touches me I will throw up. (or at least want to) It makes things a little tricky when I kiss my husband but I can manage. Ugh. Cold and hard and rubbery...noses are sick.
13. When I am alone in the car I sing as loud as humanly possible but try to make my face look normal so that no one knows that I'm basically screaming.

I feel better already. I hope we can still be friends.

This has nothing to do with confession... but how much do you love the little tiny fedora hat I found for Malak?! It is basically the cutest thing I have ever seen. And he is basically the cutest thing I have ever seen when he wears it.


Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Amy B. said...

Love all the confessions...and yes..you still have friends even after putting yourself out there like that :)

I also love the fedora (and how cute Malak looks in it). Elijah LOVES his fedora too. In fact, he wore it to the park today. So, hopefully Malak's love of the fedora will still be true 10 years from now :)

emily said...

Don't you feel better?? Love the honesty, refreshing and authentic--good stuff.

Rachel said...

You crack me up, Tara. Great confessions. I don't think any of mine would be quite as amusing as yours. Thanks for giving me a giggle while I ate lunch.
Rachel (Hinds)

Jen said...

Tar, can you change the color setting for your comments? I can't hardly see them on your blog page when I click to it from facebook.

And... I think I would like to get rid of many of our earthly possessions. Not cable, necessarily, but clothes and lots of other things! :) Also, I find that I don't use the things from my garden as efficiently as I want to. And I either have too much at one time and don't really wan tto eat all the tomatoes or, like, one of something... How can I make something with just one of it? And in our community garden we grew things that people don't eat very often like chard and mustard greens and kohlrabi... did we plant cucumbers, though? Nope.

Renee said...

Tara- you are awesome and I wish you were my neighbor because I would have so much fun...you seriously crack me up. I love your crazy posts...keep them coming!

Jocelyn said...

Love this post..you are hilarious Tara!!

Shadley said...

oh my word. the Amish thing- i am so with you. i dream about it. and i am afraid of belly buttons and feathers.

Shadley said...

sorry this is shadley- for some reason i am posting under my hubs' account.

mama becca said...

see???? see why i do this to myself all the time??? confessions = therapy.
ps- zach wants you to come pick his booger.
love,
becca

Gina said...

You are seriously hilarious. I'm shocked at the no brushing your hair thing. I've seen your hair and it's very nice, how in the heck do you not brush it? A pick maybe?

jamullins said...

Oh those cracked me up. I am also a Lionel Richie fan. Now I know who to call if he ever comes in concert in Oklahoma! :)
Malak is adorable...love the hat!

Erica said...

Pretty much I think you rock. The Papa Murphy's one TOTALLY cracks me up! I've always wanted to work there too!!! Don't really know why except it looks REALLY fun and it bugs me when the toppings aren't even so if I worked there the toppings would ALL be even.

Love the hat. Did I know you were homeschooled? Have we talked about that? Hmm. I'm homeschooling this year. My memories of homeschool life are what freak me out about homeschooling my offspring. But I'm cooler then it was back in the day so hopefully they'll live.

Okay. Loved that post. Off to Costco I go.

Gretchen said...

Loved this. Also? I dig Lionel. AND Neil Diamond. (GASP!)

Shannon Plumb said...

You are too funny Tara!

Sunny said...

Love your blog. We brought our son home from Ethiopia in January and are loving every second of it. BTW, I now ONLY make the marinara sauce using the recipe you posted. I freeze a bunch at a time...we love it!

Kaydub said...

first, that boy is a cutie - hat or no hat!! second, couch cracks are the worst! And last - i take full blame for the toast trauma - If only i had made glutten free - all would be well.

mom

Kara said...

I particularly love (and agree with) #9! I feel exactly the same way. It's hard, though, to be a minimalist with "beauty" while being a hairstylist...maybe not such a good idea for me at this point. If only I had a farm...a little farm with a big garden, a cow, some chickens, and a dog. I just made (well, the dough is rising) my first batch of homemade bread today. Got the recipe out of Mother Earth News (a sustainable living magazine), which I love! Hmm, yeah maybe homeschooling had something to do with it...

Ellie said...

This made me laugh. Tara, You're hilarious. And seriously, I want to squeeze Malak and his fedora. He is presh. His face looks the same as when he was two weeks old wrapped in his little white blanket with milk dripping all over his smiley face. Except if possible, he's getting even cuter.

Unknown said...

That fedora is quite a find. SO CUTE!

Nikki said...

A lady with a dollar hanging out of a tube top?!?

LOVE the hat! Of course, anything looks great on Malak!

Angel said...

It was my birthday too. (But you already KNEW that didn't you? How come I forget that we have the same birthday EVERY year?)LOL. And, we're both sassy enought to blog about it...www.rosemoor.vox.com The boys tried on hats in Nordstrom the other day. TOO CUTE! I swear, the counter lady said "Awww!"

Stacie said...

Crack. Me. Up.

You are awesome.