Saturday, February 2, 2008
Alright Amy tagged me so here it goes!
8 things I'm passionate about:
1. Adoption. Especialy the adoption of our sweet son, Malak...and the other children we will eventualy adopt.
2. Social justice, mainly in Africa..mainly in Ethiopia.
4. my love for my husband (but not THAT kind of passionate love...get your mind out of the gutter people)
5. healthy living, saving our Earth, doing my part, going green...you know.
6. helping orphans
7. cooking good wholesome almost-but-not-quite-gourmet food.
8. wanting to raise my children to be imaginative, creative and let them be their own little free spirits!
9. (yeah, I have more) I LOVE to have throw amazing parties. There is great food, perfect decor, and glorious fun to be had at these parties. O.k. This may be more of a dream that I am passionate about...but I am working on it.
8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Live in Africa. (yep, I said live. Not visit. Live.)
2. I may secretly (or not so secretly anymore) wish that we would someday have a giant garden that we live off of and I will bake fresh bread everyday and we would be this rediculously earthy family. (much to Eric's dismay)
3. Learn to play baseball. Every weekend I try and get Eric to buy me the gear and teach me...but somehow, baseball gear is not at the top of the budget list. If you would like to donate to my dream of playing baseball- I need a lefty glove. Thanks.
4. Own a Jack Lalanne Power Juicer so I can juice my life away. Look it up online. It is amazing.
5. Go to Italy for a few months and travel around, with the kids. We will go and stay at little quaint hotels and go sight seeing (to the fun obscure places) and when the kids are tired, we just find a new quaint hotel and relax and then we go some more and do things like, hike through the rolling hills like the Von Trapp family.
6. make a big difference in the life of children in Africa...show them Jesus, smother them with love, teach them life skills to improve their lives....
7. Be a cool homeschool mom that finds amazingly fun and creative ways to teach our kids.
8. See my children walking with the Lord.
8 things I say often:
3. Hmmm tricky...
4. F! (literaly, just the "F", not the whole word)
5. (haha, I just asked Er what I say alot and he quickly said, "wah-wah" and "F!"...apparently I do say those alot)
6. Aw crap.
7. I'm fffreezing!
8. I love you.
8 artists I never tire of listening to:
1. Gavin DeGraw
2. Michale Buble
3. Brad Kilman
4. Justin Timberlake
5. Danity Kane (I am making fun of myslef right now...seriously, I am embarrased for myself)
8. Elton John (JUST the old classic stuff)
8 TV shows you love:
1. The Hills (when will Lauren and Brody just fall in love already??)
2. The Office (the intro music alone makes Eric and I dance and smile and brings all around joy into our lives)
3. Arrested Developement (canceled, I know. But go rent it!!)
4. Amazing Race
5. Everyday Italian
8 things that attract me to my friends:
1. sense of humor
2. great listener
3. common interests
5. likes to have fun!
8 Things I learned in 2007:
1. Eric and I have a huge heart for adoption.
2. Eric and I have a huge heart for Africa.
3. Hampsters don't live forever. Sniff sniff.
4. Having wood floors and a long haired dog that sheds, sucks. I hate dog hair. I hate dog hair tumbleweeds.
5. I am rediculously anal about my kitchen being spotless.
Who am I gonna tag?
Jess (because you never post)